potpourri (Re: Clearwire May Block VoIP Competitors )

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Thu Mar 31 20:29:59 UTC 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 14:15, Paul Vixie wrote:
> > occam's razor?  We have government regulations regarding things which
> > look like (and function similarly to) light switches, no?  We have
> > government regulations regarding the nature of water and sewer pipes, why
> > not regulations regarding the nature of data pipes?

If / when we get back to the state of "monopoly" on data pipes such as water
and sewer are today (I doubt you have little if any choice on where your
water comes from or where your sewer goes - hence the regulation), then yes,
we will probably end up with such regulation - but will also have the same
"choice" of data pipes as we do water pipes today.

--
Larry Smith
SysAd ECSIS.NET
sysad at ecsis.net