Vonage Hits ISP Resistance

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Mar 31 15:25:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Brad Knowles wrote:

[Deleted]

> 	What I really think we need here are some "truth-in-advertising"
> laws which are applied to oversubscription rates.  That'd solve the
> problem really quick.

How about we regulat the Internet like the Electric Utility and charge per
byte transferred? :)

That would shut down Peer To Peer traffic rather quickly, and it would
ensure that everyone pays a fair amount for what they use.

I'm only half serious here.. However, I do agree that truth in advertising
is a good thing.

On a different tact, where I -THINK- the market will eventually end up is
w/ different classes of BroadBand service, whereby QOS and priority will
be given to those that wish to pay for it. The $14.95 services will be a
best-effort, and the $59.95 services will have priority.

                             KP-216-121-ST