T1 vs. T2 [WAS: Apology: [Tier-2 reachability and multihoming]]

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Tue Mar 29 01:29:28 UTC 2005

> and if you peer with all networks in the 'transit free zone' then you too become
> transit free also.

	er.. hate to rain on your parade but if I peer with everyone
	i need/want to exchange traffic with, i am transit-free, even
	if I -NEVER- touch any other part of the commercial Internet...
	my packets get to where they need to go and all packets I want
	get to me.  my life is good ... even if I only appear as vestigal
	to the commercial Internet, if I appear at all.

	how would you classify such a network?  T1, T2, ODDBALL-0,
	non-Internet-265, ???

--bill