phishing sites report - March/2005

Gadi Evron gadi at tehila.gov.il
Mon Mar 28 19:19:07 UTC 2005

Daniel Golding wrote:
> Forgive me for being skeptical, but...

I would prefer you being skeptical. Please don't take my word on any of
this.

> How do you come up with these? Are these the direct upstream ISPs of the

These are the digested results from the reports sent to the malicious
websites and phishing research and mitigation list.

> phishing sites or the next hop AS's from your test site?

Plainly put, these are the results you get when you feed the IP's of the
hosting web sites to the Cymru whois.

> Is there a link to the original data?

Nope. We hope to release more data in our next reports. Please let us
know what kind of data you'd like available. We'll do our best to
provide it.

One of our main goals is public awareness, so we are very interested in
feedback.
If you have further questions on the process itself, I'd gladly direct
you to the guy who actually does the data mining and statistics - but
the list data itself is not open to the public.

	Gadi.