Clearwire May Block VoIP Competitors

Hannigan, Martin hannigan at verisign.com
Sat Mar 26 20:16:08 UTC 2005

Using Vonage and a call to my cell phone, an
unscientific, but reasonably accurate estimate:

I left a voice mail on my cell "my voice is my passport"
and dropped the call from the Vonage side. Call duration
was 81s. Average speed was 80pps.

The avg packet size was 200b. The call was "BYE" at 60 seconds,
but there was a REGISTER at 76s so I included that as the
call teardown marker and in the averaging. I didn't think
being liberal would hurt.

-M<