Tier-2 reachability and multihoming

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 15:45:25 UTC 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:41:37 +0530 (IST), G Pavan Kumar
<pavanji at cse.iitb.ac.in> wrote:
> May be you should spend more time on networking than your partime job of
> yoga teaching!

Pavan, what you seem to know of networking is not just outdated, its
plain wrong.

And you've just managed to flame some of the people who understand it
well enough to be the among the best teachers of bgp, routing and DNS
that I know of - and I've seen them teach at many a netops conference.
And some others who have enable on huge, worldwide networks that you'd
kill to get an interview call from, let alone a "you're hired" email.

I know that passing the JEE exam to get into an IIT means that you do
have more brains than the average engineering student - so try to
apply them for a change.

Follow that first, original suggestion of googling for "partial mesh",
"peering", etc.  Then download some of Philip Smith's elementary bgp
tutorials - google will find those for you too.  Finally, google for
the names of the people who have replied to you in this thread.

Till then, do yourself a favor.  Go right back to lurking on nanog

> I am sorry, am I not ingratiating myself with the good graces of the
> father of Internet?!

No. All you are doing is pissing off the people who have been giving
you the right answers.  If what they tell you means you have to tear
up a whole paper thats based on wrong assumptions, and start from
scratch, tough.  It'll save you the hassle of seeing your prof fling
it right back at your face with an F scrawled on it when you turn it
in.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)