72/8 friendly reminder

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Mar 24 15:38:01 UTC 2005

>> is arin the problem here? or are 'lazy'/'dumb'/'mistaken'/'poorly
>> informed' admins the problem?
> Lazy/misguided/ex admins / downsized networks are the problem.

if aol is not worried enough to tell us an address to ping, perhaps
you can see why we prospective pingers are not getting our undies
in a knot.  and, to carry it a step further, one might then infer
why arin has not seen it as a priority.  i suspect this discussion
will change the latter.  dunno what will change the former.

> ARIN is in a unique position to be able to do something to at
> least try to mitigate the problem without too much effort before
> handing "damaged IP space" out to members.

damaged?  so you will do your bit to undamage unused ip space by
not bogon filtering on your network?

randy