72/8 friendly reminder

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at mci.com
Wed Mar 23 18:48:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Randy Bush wrote:

> > We were recently assigned a 72.244/16 allocation from ARIN. Friendly
> > reminder that ARIN started allocating 72/8 since Aug. If you have a
> > static bogon filters, can you please make sure they are updated. Thank
>
> if you are really worried about this, and i can understand your
> being so, then make it easy for the busy folk here (not those
> pontificating on law and morals in the rocky mountains) to test.
> give us an address we can ping.

UUNET has a customer (several probably, just one 'vocal') with this same
problem :( We are investigating getting a /32 from their space for use as
a 'proxy test' box similar to Mr. Lewis's 69/8 box was... If there is some
interest once we have it in place we could probably say: "ip BLAH" and
permit folks, in some controlled manner, to use it for browser testing of
sites?