Please verify RFC1918 filters

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Mar 23 18:12:23 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:13:07 -0800, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> >
> > y'all might give us something pingable in that space so we can
> > do a primitive and incomplete test in a simple fashion.
>
> Those ranges are AOL's dialup pool.  Easy way to get something
> pingable in that space would be to get yourself a coaster^W AOL CD
> from the nearest 7-11 or Burger King

That requires so much effort, most of us won't bother...and no I'm not
being sarcastic, just realistic.  Would it be that hard for someone at
aol.net to take a single /32 from that vast IP range and assign it to a
host as an IP alias or router loopback address?

I did that (router loopback to give people something to ping) with a 69/8
IP before setting up 69box.