IRC bots...

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Mar 22 21:30:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 09:31:35AM -0800, Bill Nash wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Alan Sparks wrote:
> > Am I the only one who is getting mailbombed by dozens of these duplicate
> > messages?
>
> Could have something to do with folks not trimming conversation
> participants from the TO: fields.

Or, more closely, with people whose mailers don't support "reply to
list" (or it's first cousin: "reply to recipient"), and therefore have
to use 'G'roup reply to answer list mail.

Cheers,
-- jr "let us take the obligatory munging thread off-list, 'k?" a

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me