Utah governor signs Net-porn bill

Kathryn Kessey kkessey at alterpoint.com
Tue Mar 22 18:29:09 UTC 2005

...this bill... requires the attorney general to establish and maintain a database, called the adult content registry, of certain Internet sites containing material harmful to minors...
...$100,000 from the General Fund to the attorney general, for fiscal year 2005-06 only,
to establish the adult content registry...

They are going to create publicly accessible, highly available database service of the all the world's porn sites and maintain it with up to the minute data... with 100K.  Right.

Seems like a more rational answer to Utah's pr0n phobia is for a certain religious entity to publish their own net-nanny software/service for their parishioners.