Traceroute with ASN

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Mar 15 18:00:58 UTC 2005

--On Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:22 AM -0800 Bruce Pinsky <bep at whack.org>
wrote:

> Ziggy David Lubowa wrote:
>| On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:51:32 +0800 (CST), Joe Shen wrote
>|
>|> Yes.  Can I do this on a Linux box without having to
>|> install Zebra BGP on it?
>|

>| Doesnt look like you have to,  below is the link to the tarball
>|
>| http://oppleman.com/dl/?file=lft-2.3.tar.gz
>|

> According to the doc, it relies on RADB for its info, so it *might* not be
> as accurate as an actual BGP feed.

I'm certain in many cases it isn't.  Since many OPs dont'e ven know about
RADB, and RADB charges for ability to register and update.  How much?
$250/yr.  That's buried on their 'about' page.  Why?  I don't know,
terrible site design though.  Who goes into an 'about' page looking for
billing information or fee schedules or price lists.