nanog

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Mon Mar 14 03:38:30 UTC 2005

--On Sunday, March 13, 2005 10:28 PM -0500 "Jay R. Ashworth"
<jra at baylink.com> wrote:
>> But note that the OP does not have a MOV issue; he has an inspector
>> issue. His best answer there may be buying outlet strips that
>> offer no surge protection. He likely will need to first pin
>> the inspector down on what rules he's allegely broken, however.
>
> This is the most cogent point to date, and the one I made off list: ask
> him to quote chapter and verse.

Yeah, I am waiting on the exact code violation to come down.  FWIW the
overall consent from various fire marshalls is 'yes, it's fine' but some
had misgivings about it.  understandable, and strictly according to atleast
one rule book it isn't allowed.