US Navy Contact.

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Thu Mar 10 10:20:57 UTC 2005

> One of our
> netblocks appears to be filtered somewhere inside their network,
> preventing DNS lookups from completing, thus preventing e-mail from
> being delivered.

Am I reading this correctly? You are saying that you
have engineered a single point of failure in your network
and now you are suffering as a result? As the doctor said
to the man who complained that his head hurt whenever he
hit it with a hammer, don't do that!

Every domain should ensure that it is "hosted" on name
servers in several different netblocks which are in
several different ASes, and preferably with some
significant geographical diversity. There are many
ways to do this ranging from renting colo for
a server somewhere http://www.vix.com/personalcolo/
or working out a mutual arrangement with another
ISP http://www.dnsist.net/

--Michael Dillon