Clue on Europe

Per Gregers Bilse bilse at networksignature.com
Tue Mar 8 08:03:50 UTC 2005

On Mar 8,  5:22am, Subhi S Hashwa <subhi at thebigboss.com> wrote:
> Avoid Redbux Hex (London) like the plague,  just ask about their
> recent power outages. AFAIK their other facilities are ok.

I think that's a bit unfair.  I've had my personal Internet connectivity
(copper line and baseband modems) via RedBus and Harbour Exchange for
four years now, and have no particular complaints.  Something went
wrong during a generator test or seomthing last week, but considering
what I've experienced in other facilities, I don't think this colo is
notably better or worse than most other colos; at least, I know several
others that have a much worse history.

Trouble is, things come and go.  Expect problems during run-in and
build-out, then a period of stability, then problems as places fill up and
capacities max out; rinse; repeat.  Is there any colo that doesn't come
with its own set of horror stories and folklore?  Ask me about what
legendary MFS did to a router of mine at equally legendary MAE-West.-)

Best,

  -- Per