vonage routing issues

Rachael Treu rara at navigo.com
Fri Mar 4 21:35:06 UTC 2005

..snip snip..
On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 03:17:11PM -0500, Jon Lewis said something to the effect of:
> I got interrupted typing this, and I see that in the past 40 minutes
> routing has changed...now it ends with
>
> 13. 0.so-5-0-0.XL1.NYC9.ALTER.NET          0%    4    4    42   41   42     42
> 14. 0.so-0-0-0.XR1.NYC9.ALTER.NET          0%    3    3    42   42   42     42
> 15. 181.ATM7-0.GW4.NYC9.ALTER.NET          0%    3    3    42   41   41     42
> 16. ???

fwiw...I'm trying the same trace from nodes within CoreNAP and pnap spaces
and am seeing the same thing.

However, my Vonage at home has functioned without interruption, as far as
I am able to tell.  I suppose I may have covens of angry family members who
have been trying unsuccessfully to call me with thrilling tales of gall stones
and lazy boyfriends, but I have heard nothing to suggest that is the case.

Then again, my personal delivery of Vonage seems to include the nifty
"Surprise!  Half-duplex!" feature that leaves me suddenly able to hear the
other party without the other party being able to hear me (this,
coincidentally, throws a big wrench into mitigating the aforementioned family
fun calls), and that has been on the rise this week.

ymmv,
--ra

k. rachael treu, CISSP	rara at navigo.com
..quis custodiet ipsos custodes?..