US slaps fine on company blocking VoIP

Nathan Allen Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Fri Mar 4 20:50:23 UTC 2005

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/70081/us-slaps-fine-on-company-blocking-voip.html

I don't speak for BroadVoice, but this seams to be to be stupid. Why
should the government get involved in ISPs blocking ports? If customers
don't like it, go to a new provider, what country is this??

Frankly, I don't see the point, any provider that requires 5060 or any
other port to offer VoIP services deserves to be shutoff by networks
blocking those ports. It is just to easy to talk to CPE on any port.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                   BroadVoice, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                                 Talk IS Cheap
http://www.robotics.net                           http://www.broadvoice.com