More on Vonage service disruptions...

John R Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Mar 4 18:21:31 UTC 2005

> There are EMTAs cable modems with VoIP ATA's that have 4 hr battery in the
> market already.

Sure.  Many cable providers offer a superior form of VoIP that's
engineered to act like real phone service with reserved bandwidth to their
own switches and backup power for all the pieces on the way along with
E911 and the other features we expect from real phone service.

It needs a name of its own to distinguish it from the parasitic VoIP that
Vonage, Lingo, et all offer.

> > This still has little to do with port blocking, but a lot to do with
> > the whole question of what level of service people are paying for vs.
> > what level they think they are paying for.

Regards,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor