scanner<->dns

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Mar 4 02:19:58 UTC 2005

>Just wondering if there is any way I could use a scanner (I have a home
>grown script for this) that would go thru the DNS registries from some
>public source, scan for keywords in the domain name.

If you just want the list of domain names and not the rest of the
whois data, it's not hard to get access to the zone files for most
gTLDs.  I arranged to get com, org, net, edu, biz, and info.

In each case you have to sign and fax back an agreement to the
registry in which you promise not to do naughty things with the data.

Regards,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, Mayor