Clearwire May Block VoIP Competitors

Howard, W. Lee L.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Wed Mar 30 22:30:36 UTC 2005

Depends on the codec.  Yes, most people default to G.711, but
my experience with G.729 and header compression has been good,
and closer to 12Kbps.

I definitely agree that it's much more symmetrical than web
traffic, and could therefore mess with someone's capacity
planning.  Denying traffic that doesn't conform to your engineering
is one response.  Re-engineering is another.  Do what you will
with your network, I know what I'd do with mine.

Lee