ISP phishing

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Jun 29 12:18:00 UTC 2005

Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:
[...]
> Actually, what you have to guarantee is that you never send email to
> anyone who forwards their email elsewhere. This is impossible.

How do you figure that?

The failure mode in this case is if somebody arranges "dumb" mail
forwarding that doesn't do envelope rewriting, and also applies a SPF
filter on their incoming mail. The problem is quite clearly of the
recipient's making rather than any fault of the sender's.

--
When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in
the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the