rackmount DC power inverters?

matthew zeier mrz at velvet.org
Sat Jun 25 07:16:31 UTC 2005

I have no idea if this is on or off topic (apolgies if the latter).

Right now we're running 48 1u servers in a cabinet off AC.  We're considering
switching to DC power supplies with the hope that any cost increase in the
power supply and rectifier would be more than offset by the cost savings in
electrical and cooling.

So I'm looking for a rack mountable DC rectifier but since I've never shopped
for one, I don't know "good" ones.  Any help would be great.

--
matthew zeier - "But if you only have love for your own race, Then you only
leave space to discriminate, And to discriminate only generates hate." - BEP