Localized mail servers, global scope

Derek Diget derek.diget+nanog at wmich.edu
Thu Jun 23 16:04:08 UTC 2005

Stepping out of the lurker's doorway for the first time.....

On Jun 23, 2005 at 20:27 +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
=>Wild idea and there's just too much good german beer here at MAAWG
=>(www.maawg.org) in Dusseldorf, but .. anybody tried anycasting a
=>mailserver?
=>
=>Operationally that is ...

I replied privately to the original poster since I was not on NANOG-post,
but this would be interesting if the anycasting was tied into some load
balancers doing geographical balancing.  That is all I dare say because
I am already beyond my realm of comfort. :)  (I am a Solaris/Linux sys
admin/mail admin/whatever-else-gets-thrown-at-me worker bee. :)