OSPF -vs- ISIS

Fergie (Paul Ferguson) fergdawg at netzero.net
Tue Jun 21 14:58:27 UTC 2005

Isn't that because Dave re-wrote all of the IS-IS code? ;-)

- ferg

-- vijay gill <vgill at vijaygill.com> wrote:

Daniel, in short, we've found ISIS to be slightly easier to maintain and
run, with slightly more peace of mind in terms of securitiy than OSPF.
Performance and stability wise, no major difference that was noticable.

For more information, see the talk by Dave Katz at
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0006/katz.html

Also, AOL's experience in switching from OSPF to ISIS is covered at
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0310/gill.html
the PDF on that page is actually an older version. The full version I
used at NANOG is available at http://www.vijaygill.com/oi.pdf

/vijay

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson