NANOG Evolution

Dorian Kim dorian at blackrose.org
Tue Jun 21 12:13:54 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 07:40:43AM -0400, Alex Rubenstein wrote:
> Perhaps using the ARIN model for this would be a good idea.
>
> IIRC, after someone in nominated, they are asked to fill out a small
> questionnaire. Things like Organization, Org URL, Why do you want to serve
> on the AC?, Describe how your professional goals and experience are
> relevant, Describe your technical (especially IP) and professional
> qualifications for filling an AC seat, etc.
>
> Also, an important question is:
>
> Please provide detailed biographical information to include all
> experience, activities, associations, and affiliations (national and
> international) relevant to serving on the AC. Describe positions held, and
> your specific duties, achievements, and levels of responsibility. Include
> the names of organizations served and dates of service.
>
> Realising the above is specific to the AC, I believe with simple
> modifications, these questions would serve the NANOG community well in
> letting us feel comfortable with the nominees.

While it's not quite as specific as above, don't the candidate bios
<http://www.nanog.org/candidates05.html> serve much the same purpose?

Quick glance at the bios seem to fairly cogently list candidates'
current employment and responsibilities as well as relevant activities.

So, are we missing something? Should we be adding candidate position
statements and such?

-dorian