Email peering (Was: Economics of SPAM [Was: Micorsoft's Sender IDAuthentication......?]

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Fri Jun 17 10:00:19 UTC 2005

> > The thousands of bilateral BGP peering contracts are most
> > definitely comparable to the email peering that I am
> > proposing.
>
> Dude, it's 2005.  You can put down the X.400 crack pipe now.

Why does fixing the SMTP email architecture by applying some
lessons learned from BGP peering lead people to talk about
X.400, UUCP, Bitnet, Fidonet and other obsolete protocols?

You're right, it's 2005 and we have suffered from email
SPAM for 10 years now, getting worse every year. So when
are we going to admit that SMTP-based email is *NOT* the
superior solution for email that we all thought it was
in 1995?

--Michael Dillon