Best practice ACLs for a internet facing border router?

Daniel Senie dts at senie.com
Mon Jun 13 15:35:31 UTC 2005

At 10:16 AM 6/13/2005, Frotzler, Florian wrote:

>ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/cons/isp/security/Ingress-Prefix-Filter-Template
>s/
>
>Florian

The original question didn't specify whether the interest was prefixes or
packet filters.

For packet filtering, the above URL is not going to help, but a read of
BCP38 would be in order.

Edge sites with no downstreams can very easily filter the source addresses
leaving their network and ensure no bogus-sourced packets leave, be they
RFC1918, or spoofs.