ISP's Contact List

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:04:22 UTC 2005

On 13/06/05, Sanfilippo, Ted <Ted.Sanfilippo at paetec.com> wrote:

>    Also, I ran into a problem with a new /16 block we received from ARIN.
> The IP-Country info points to Canada which is not accurate. We are a US
> based company. I had placed a request into Geobyte to make the change to US,
> I am still waiting. Does anyone know if there is a central database that
> these companies pull from to gather country info? If its ARIN, it should
> have been corrected.

Sorry if I seem dense but how or where does geobyte come into the
picture at all when you receive an IP block from ARIN.  If the contact
information for that /16 has an error in it, then ARIN has a fairly
well documented procedure to change contact information for a netblock
and you can follow it.

Geobytes seems to use ARIN data along with what is basically wild
guessing to find where an IP is located.  If they make a wrong guess -
its an issue thats localized to them.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)