Micorsoft's Sender ID Authentication......?

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Jun 8 14:42:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, william(at)elan.net wrote:

> You miss the point. Reputation is already widely being used today - every
> blocklist is a reputation system

Strike that point. Not every blocklist is reputation system, though the
most widely used ones like SBL, SORBS, SPAMCOP are all like that.

But there others simply provide certain info about corresponding ip or
domain which is derived from domain info itself (like what country its
from, if its bogon/not-allocated space for ip, etc), those would be closer
accreditation data.

I seriously doubt this distinction is that important for those at nanog.
But anyway, I had to correct myself, since my statement was not accurate.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks
william at elan.net