GBLX congestion in Dallas area

Sharif Torpis root at computer.org
Wed Jun 8 06:25:55 UTC 2005

It all depends on what you call a medium/large-scale outage. Based on
historical list content, I think such outages are typified by events such as
(mis)handling of malformed AS_PATH attributes by different router vendors,
AS7007, Sprint 0.0.0.0, NSI root server corruption, widespread/cascading
problems in a large provider's frame-relay network, etc. Generic fiber cuts
and congestion just don't qualify. What's changed?

Regards,
Sharif

Dans son message, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) écrivait:

> I concur.
>
> - ferg
>
> -- Dave Stewart <dbs at dbscom.com> wrote:
>
> But I think NANOG is certainly an appropriate forum for
> medium/large-scale outages - unless someone's created an outage
> list someplace.
>
> I will agree that it's not the place to bitch about a vendor not
> giving more specifics, dumping on vendors in any way, actually...
>
> --
> "Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
> Engineering Architecture for the Internet
> fergdawg at netzero.net or fergdawg at sbcglobal.net
> ferg's tech blog: http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/

---
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why.
Then do it." - Robert Heinlein