GBLX congestion in Dallas area

Steve Gibbard scg at gibbard.org
Tue Jun 7 21:05:58 UTC 2005

Speaking in my personal, non-list-administrator, not having discussed this
with anybody else, capacity, I think that notifications of large-scale
outages affecting large numbers of networks are a really useful thing to
have on the NANOG list.

Assuming this list has large numbers of people who operate networks and
have to troubleshoot problems when they see them, telling people that the
problem is already being worked on can save a lot of people some work (and
can hopefully also reduce the number of phone calls that NOC people have
to juggle).

To that end, the first couple of messages in this thread are the sort of
thing I wish the NANOG list would have more of.

-Steve

Steve Gibbard				scg at gibbard.org
+1 415 717-7842	(cell)			http://www.gibbard.org/~scg
+1 510 528-1035 (home)