Micorsoft's Sender ID Authentication......?

Daniel Golding dgolding at burtongroup.com
Tue Jun 7 19:34:45 UTC 2005

Yes, there was lots of teeth gnashing and screams of agony allegedly because
MS refused to license the technology on the terms that folks wanted. MS was
more than willing to let folks have it at no cost, they just weren't willing
to give the naysayer everything they wanted, so everyone went home.

(that is, of course, a biased assessment, but not an unfair one)

I'm not MS's biggest fan, but they are on the side of good, here.

In the mean time, nothing stops MS (and everyone else) from building
Sender-ID into their MTAs. SPF is a standard and Sender-ID utilized SPF
records to perform inbound phishing control based on PRA.

Presumably, SPF and Sender-ID checking on inbound mail would be enabled via
a checkbox of some sort.

I'd also like to see DomainKeys support in Exchange.

Ok, will all those who believe that MS, SPF, Sender-ID and/or DomainKeys are
the work of the devil, please commence flaming.

- Dan