Needed : AOL Network Contact

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jun 6 15:32:34 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 10:25:29AM -0400, David Brinks wrote:
>    I  seem  to  have  a  couple  Class  Cs  that AOL's portal servers are
>    blocking and I would like to contact someone at AOL to discuss getting
>    the  blocks  removed.  I've tried going through their tech support but
>    after multiple dead-ends and being told "AOL is a content provider and
>    doesn't  have  Network  Support  group, nor servers nor any people who
>    take  care of servers" multiple times I'm wondering if any one you may
>    have a backside phone number or email I could try.
>
>    (I've  already  tried the number listed in their whois information but
>    that  only  gets  met  to their Postmaster group and they also tell me
>    they have no group that takes care of routers, IPs or servers.)

This seems like a good time to point out once again Jared Mauch's list of NOC
contact numbers.  If that's not a sufficient hint to let you find it, now
that you know it exists, let me know offlist, and I'll mail you the URL.

Cheers,
-- jra
Designer                +-Internetworking------+----------+           RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates   |  Best Practices Wiki |          |            '87 e24
St Petersburg FL USA    http://bestpractices.wikicities.com    +1 727 647 1274

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me