OT: NOC Display's

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Sat Jun 4 08:05:58 UTC 2005

(I do not feel it as off-topic, btw).

Q. - what really are you going to see on this projected screen? I saw  very
, very few systems and screens, which was really interesting for the big
screen. Most 'World map, colored icons, fancy lines' views are 99% useless
(many reasons). Big screen is desired, if you have compact view of your all
system, such as in Proactivenet (events + primary charts), or 'snmpstat' (up
to 300 - 500 active ports and links, including traffic bars, on one screen).
Even here, you will need MORE information.

Projectors are not designed for it. They are designed more for the
presentations, with 1200 x 1000 resolution, and so on. If I have 2,000
active links which I'd like to see, or 2,000 objects which I'd like to see
better, or something like this - I'd like to have integrated resolution as
4,000 x 2000, which iis, for example, 8 standard LCD screens.

So, what are real requirements for such projectors? 4 VGA screen on one
projector?