Load Testing Util

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Fri Jun 3 17:49:21 UTC 2005

Hey all,

Does anyone know of a (preferably opensource) tool that can generate
network loads of specific protocols and/or levels (for example, if I
wanted to see how much loss I got on a 1 meg spike, over time).  I'm
hopefully looking for something client/server so I'm not necessarily
dependent on reply packets to measure the thoroughput.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.  Privately if you like, as
I realize the potential for misuse of such things.

-Dan