Fwd: NYSE Trading Halt Triggered by 'Network Storm'

Joseph Grajewski jgrajewski at mandylionlabs.com
Thu Jun 2 20:18:23 UTC 2005

I dont want join the ranks of conspiracy theorists, but i must point
out the coincidence that this minor digital "spanking" occurred exactly
at the same time the NYSE members (folks whom own seats on the
exchange) filed suit to block NYSE's proposed merger with electronic
trading firm Archipelago Holdings Inc., saying the deal is unfair to
exchange members.

The members feel the old "manual" way of doing trades (where they get a
cut of every transaction) is best and that they dont need the
electronic trading. ---   In fact one of their contentions is that the
online system is not foolproof and prone to being compromised or
disrupted by terrorists etc. ...and get this -- that they are the only
ones -- in face to face trading -- that can give a "fair" transaction
---

here is the article on the members trying to block the merger:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/09/
AR2005050901325.html

Begin forwarded message: