VerizonWireless.com Mail Blacklists

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Jun 2 15:06:49 UTC 2005

At 10:37 AM +0200 2005-06-02, Niels Bakker wrote:

>>	Failure to do so should be considered a corporate statement that
>>  you implicitly condone any and all such activities that occur on
>>  your networks.
>
>  Oooh, threatening, Mr Knowles!

	Threatening?  No, I don't think so.  Something to be concerned about?  Yes.

>>	However, this discussion should be held in one of those forums where
>>  it is more appropriate to discuss this subject.  Unfortunately, you
>>  don't participate in any of them.
>
>  Are you sure you want to inflict a sizeable portion of the Internet's
>  entire population on one certain mailing list?

	A sizable portion of the Internet's entire population are network
or access providers who have mail servers or who provide access to
mail servers through their network, and who are not already on the
appropriate forums?

	If that is an accurate statement, then I would be very, very
concerned for the future of the Internet.

>                                                  Your claim to fame
>  that you had something to do with AOL's mail servers once may not
>  be sufficient to support this.

	At the time, on a volume basis, I was probably responsible for as
much or more anti-spam work than anyone else around.

	I know that things have grown a great deal since then, but I
imagine that there are probably still plenty of places that have
fewer than ten million customers and doing less than ten million
messages per day, and yet they are also to be found on the
appropriate forums.  So, I figure I'm still in pretty good company.

	Of course, spam-l is not the only appropriate forum where
discussions of that sort should be held.

	Now, if we're done with the personal attacks, can we get back to
subjects that are appropriate for this forum?

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755