orsc root server?

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Jun 2 10:28:58 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/06/01/internet.porn.ap/index.html

|ICM contends the "xxx" Web addresses, which it plans to sell for $60 a
|year, will protect children from online smut if adult sites voluntarily
|adopt the suffix so filtering software used by families can more
|effectively block access to those sites

How is charging $60/year going to protect children from "online smut"?
if anything it'll still be that less reputable will continue to use
less expensive domains.

Also I'm curious how much of that $60 will go to ICANN packet? If not
much then ICM is getting really good deal, amazingly good deal, a monopoly
heaven in fact that reminds me of another TLD decision mentioned at nanog
that ICANN is about to make official...

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks