Verizon is easily fooled by spamming zombies

Steve Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Wed Jun 1 21:41:15 UTC 2005

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> "Anything from anywhere, even if it's from a hijacked box in Korea, can forward
> through our server as long as it has a 'totallybusticated at ISP.net' From: on it,
> but if one of our own customers tries to send through the server with a From:
> that says 'customer at vanity.domain' they can't even if they pass an SMTP AUTH
> check and prove they're ISP.net's customer..."
>
> And that's borked and wrong.

This is old news.

Years old. I think it might have dated back to before @gte.net addresses
became deprecated.

But I thought VZ had fixed the problem.

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol at JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

     --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"