NETGEAR in the core...

Janet Sullivan ciscogeek at bgp4.net
Sun Jul 31 10:37:00 UTC 2005

Robert E.Seastrom wrote:

> My experiences with Linksys (and Netscreen, which isn't really at the
> price point I wanted anyway) have caused me to rip out substantial
> amounts of my already insufficient hair.

What netscreen's did you try, with what version of ScreenOS?  I admit
that some of the newer (5.1 & 5.2) trains of ScreenOS have yet to
stablize, but 5.0.0r10 is pretty decent.  In fact, the bits of this
email are going to be sent through my 5XT on their way out to the 'net.
  ;-)

As for linksys, the WRT54G is a neat little box, but I've never found a
sveasoft or dd-wrt firmware that was rock solid.  The linksys boxes sort
of remind me of Windows - OK if you don't mind rebooting them once in
awhile. ;-)