Cisco IOS Exploit Cover Up

David Barak thegameiam at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 19:32:41 UTC 2005

--- Scott Morris <swm at emanon.com> wrote:

> And quite honestly, we can probably be pretty safe
> in assuming they will not
> be running IPv6 (current exploit) or SNMP (older
> exploits) or BGP (other
> exploits) or SSH (even other exploits) on that box.
> :)  (the 1601 or the
> 2500's)

Let's see - RIP, Telnet, and SNMP are the only
services listening on the box, and those are ACLed off
at the serial interface.  I'd LOVE to run SSH, but my
image is not kind, nor is the size of the flash...

> Not everyone has to worry about these things.  Place
> and time.

Agreed - I just wanted to give a concrete example of
this stuff in the wild.

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com