Cisco IOS Exploit Cover Up

John A. Kilpatrick john at hypergeek.net
Fri Jul 29 00:26:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Randy Bush wrote:

> could they be unpatched because no one has sent out a notice saying
> "versions before X have known vulnerabilities.  upgrade now to one
> of the following: ...?"

It's interesting...yes, I do make fun of my Windows brethren about their
security problems, but the fact is they have it pretty easy since you know
when MS security patches are coming out and you know when you'll have to
patch your servers.  But Cisco doesn't seem to make it that easy to keep a
large environment of their devices up to date.  Some better tools from
them would be good - even for those of us who do have support contracts.

--
                               John A. Kilpatrick
john at hypergeek.net                Email|     http://www.hypergeek.net/