Cisco IOS Exploit Cover Up

Neil J. McRae neil at DOMINO.ORG
Thu Jul 28 07:29:22 UTC 2005

> This is looking like a complete PR disaster for cisco. They
> would have been better off allowing the talk to take place,
> and actually fixing the holes rather than wasting money on a
> small army of razorblade-equipped censors.

I couldn't disagree more. Cisco are trying to control the
situation as best they can so that they can deploy the needed
fixes before the $scriptkiddies start having their fun. Its
no different to how any other vendor handles a exploit and
I'm surprised to see network operators having such an attitude.

Regards.
Neil.