Cisco cover up

J. Oquendo sil at politrix.org
Wed Jul 27 20:48:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Dan Hollis wrote:

> This is looking like a complete PR disaster for cisco. They would have
> been better off allowing the talk to take place, and actually fixing the
> holes rather than wasting money on a small army of razorblade-equipped
> censors.
>
> -Dan

Complete PR disaster? Maybe they're still working on the fix and didn't
want those on the blackhat scene to have a glimpse of how they intended on
fixing things. I wonder if this has exploit_foo_bar has anything to do
with their code being stolen earlier this year was it, or late last year.
Maybe for the geeks in you, it may be a PR disaster, but I doubt their
stock price will come down much. Oddly I wonder if those in gov are
watching closely to those who are running around shorting Cisco stock. Or
should that be: "sh0rt1ng c1sc0 st0ck!@$"

J. Oquendo
GPG Key ID 0x97B43D89
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x97B43D89

To conquer the enemy without resorting to war is the most
desirable.  The highest form of generalship is to conquer
the enemy by strategy." - Sun Tzu