open source tools help (contract) in DC area?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Tue Jul 26 20:52:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 04:30:14PM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
> 	I'm honestly trying to understand what is an on-topic post and
> what is not, and it seems to me that this is pretty clearly off-topic.
>
> 	So what is on-topic?  I've got a question that I've been thinking
> about for a while regarding SIP/VOIP white/yellow pages directory
> services and aggregation, and I've been afraid to ask here because I
> felt it might be too basic and non on-topic.

Brad,

Since you convinced me to finally get on this mailing list, I've
received this more recently than you.  ;-)  Admittedly, not a completely
definitive description.

Perhaps more to the point, the initial poster is more likely to get a
helpful response from the dc-sage jobs mailing list, or the sg-dc
(security group) mailing list.

of technical information and the discussion of specific
implementation issues that require cooperation among network service
providers. In order to continue to provide a useful forum
for discussion of relevant technical issues, the list will now be governed
by the following guidelines:

Acceptable Use Policy
        4. Postings that include foul language, character assassination, and
	   lack of respect for other participants are prohibited.
        5. Blatant product marketing is unacceptable.
        6. Postings of political, philosophical, and legal nature are
	   discouraged.

Individuals who violate these guidelines will be contacted personally and
asked to adhere to the guidelines. If an individual persists
in violating the guidelines, the convenor of NANOG, Merit Network, Inc.,
will take action to filter the offender's messages to the
list.

If groups of individuals persist in introducing topics that are outside the
charter of NANOG, the convenor will send a request to
the entire mailing list requesting adherence to the guidelines. If the
discussion continues unabated, the convenor will take action to
filter all postings on the topic.

Joe Yao