MCI billing fraud ... again

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Sat Jul 23 06:48:03 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 12:34:43PM -0500, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

> Thus spake "Randy Bush" <randy at psg.com>
> >>We're being hit up by MCI's billing fraud again.
> >
> >mci's billing problems are gross ineptitude, not fraud.  and just
> >about every major (and many minor) telco has the same mess.
>
> "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
> stupidity."

But also be wary of attributing solely to stupidity a consistent pattern
of billing "mistakes" which can be explained by pointing at stupid people
but which net a lot of money from the folks who don't notice the errors.
:)

Seems to happen a LOT in this industry, across many vendors, but some
more often than others.