Vonage Selects TCS For VoIP E911 Service

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Wed Jul 20 13:42:33 UTC 2005

I think this can work.  Put a battery backup in the ATA, to power the
GPS and real time clock.  The ATA will maintain the internet-routable
address it's using (not necessarily it's own IP address) indefinitely.
If the ATA determines it's routable address (or /23 or whatever subnet)
has changed since being disconnected, it prompts (via voice menu on
connected phones) that it needs to be taken outside and re-GPS'ed.
Flashing light on the box confirms when GPS has synced it's location.
Take it back inside, plug it in, and all is ok again.  Or something
along those lines....

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation Team
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495