Vonage Selects TCS For VoIP E911 Service

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Wed Jul 20 12:27:23 UTC 2005

>    I guess it also depends on what you mean by "significantly".  Is
> a 10% solution significant?

Nope. 15% or better.

This comes from an old rule of thumb about sales, pricing, etc.
If the new supplier doesn't offer 15% or better pricing then
the hassles of switching aren't worth it. Or, you can increment
the price and keep the business as long as you don't go higher
that 15%.

Of course in big business, you are more likely to study the
actual costs and implications to find an optimal solution.
Somehow I suspect that the current FCC regulatory environment
is not one in which such detailed studies will be done before
deciding. So it's back to rules of thumb and letting the market
hash out the details by making mistakes.

--Michael Dillon