Non-English Domain Names Likely Delayed

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Jul 19 10:11:02 UTC 2005

At 10:31 AM +0200 2005-07-19, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

>>  And for 99% of the users out there,
>
>>    4) the caching servers for their ISP/employer/other access
>>      provider
>
>  Actually, you don't. If the DNS provides false information, the public
>  key crypto will catch this. Sure, you won't be able to communicate, but
>  you can't be fished that way.

	What public key crypto are you talking about?  You seem to think
that something like DNSSEC is in wide use throughout the world, which
is a very strange notion for someone to have when they damn well
should know better.

>  I don't see why this would need to be "fixed". We're not talking about
>  5 year olds, people need to be able to cross the road without someone
>  holding their hand.

	You're on a slippery slope here.  At what point do you think that
you can stop protecting the users?  How do you justify that?

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755