Vonage Selects TCS For VoIP E911 Service

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Jul 19 07:52:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Owen DeLong wrote:

> Just because you can does not mean it is a good idea.  I like being able
> to have a phone that cannot be accurately located.  I won't be buying
> any VOIP products that can.

Then I guess you should talk to FCC and ask them to lighten the demands on
the VOIP operators to provide that service.

Btw, since the demand is the same for mobile phones, I guess most mobiles
sold in the US will have a locator chip, if they don't already? Do you
know what your mobile phone is telling others about you?

This issue is a typical conflict of interests between security and
privacy. Obvisouly a large part of the population likes the security and
is less concerned about privacy in this case (at least judging from the
polls that were presented on the webpage I references in my last post).

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se